MICROVISION Retail Launch
GMAP Consulting, the specialist market analysis & business-modelling consultancy, are set to launch their groundbreaking market planning product, MICROVISION.
Until now, no product exists in the marketplace that can provide a generic modelling capability relevant to different sectors. MICROVISION will be the most advanced, premium information and modelling product in the marketplace, offering customised products to incorporate sector relevant data and reflect key variables within a single desktop application.
Bringing together transactional data with intelligence in geodemographics, market demand, travel patterns and competitive activity, MICROVISION will enable a company to calculate:
- What is actually happening within your market?
- What might happen given certain scenarios?
- What should happen in an optimal situation?
GMAP Consulting has developed MICROVISION Retail through recognising a number of fundamental issues within the retail sector to provide a recognised, 'best of class' predictive modelling capability for retailers.
The retail world is experiencing massive turbulence through increasing competition, more demanding customers, new channels and new formats. GMAP Consulting helps retailers chart a path through this turbulence by using a mixture of information and modelling tools, with a number of unique specifications. These include;
- Retail planning models that allow users to accurately assess the impact of store openings, closures and refurbishments.
- Assisting clients to optimise the mix of products within a store to best meet local needs and maximise revenues and profitability.
- Assisting clients to enter new markets such as continental Europe by advising on the best size and locations for store roll-out.
Through the MICROVISION product, GMAP Consulting aims to provide a set of business analysis tools that are designed to fit the organisation in which they are applied and to give clients optimal decision-making capabilities within their relevant market. This may in some cases involve a GMAP consultant operating the system in the clients' premises.
MICROVISION will be developed for all European markets and over the next two years, extending to North and South America and Asia/Pacific.
Professor Martin Clarke, Managing Director of GMAP Consulting comments: " Using the MICROVISION product as a platform has enabled us to develop a premium predictive modelling product that incorporates our experience within bespoke modelling systems tailored to create a generic product for a vertical market."