How to shave off unwanted pounds in time for the summer
28 May 2008
Get into financial shape with Callcredit's top tips
The summer is fast approaching and consumers up and down the country are looking forward to their week away in the sun. But with the euro exchange rate pushing up the price of a short break, rising fuel prices and increasing cost of living, Brits need to be extra vigilant with their money.
Owen Roberts, head of Callcredit Check, comments:
"Before the swimwear season is upon us, people everywhere are desperately trying to cut out those unnecessary calories, but we advice consumers to put just as much effort into their finances as they are into their bodies and avoid spending those extra pounds.
"In order to get the most out of your summer, it is essential that consumers stay on top of their financial situation and maintain a healthy financial lifestyle.
"The first step to getting into shape this summer should be to check your credit report. This will not only provide you with a snapshot of your financial commitments, it will also give you the chance to tighten up your file and make your credit rating as attractive as possible."
Callcredit's top tips on how to stay in financial shape this summer:
1 - Where possible, start walking to work - fresh air and exercise are good for both you and your wallet
2 - Cut down on your daily treats - this will save you pounds in weight and pounds in your wallet
3 - Swap a restaurant meal for a picnic - and if the weather is grey, spread a blanket on the floor in the living room
4 - Don't overspend on your summer wardrobe. Hit the summer sales but avoid holiday impulses - stick to items that both flatter your body and your purse
5 - Check your credit report before booking a holiday to ensure you only spend what you can afford - www.callcreditcheck.com
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit check (www.callcreditcheck.com) is the consumer arm of credit reference agency Callcredit, providing consumers with instant online access to their credit report and services to help them monitor their credit status.
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Skipton
Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem