Focus on Toyota Prius
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 34,876 Toyota Prius currently registered in the UK.
- Toyota Prius represent 0.115% of all UK registered cars.
- 16.12% of UK Toyota Prius belong to private female owners, and 39.40% to males. It is interesting to note that a whopping 35.19% of Toyota Prius are company car owned. This is 4 times higher than the average proportion of cars that are company owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 96.19% of Toyota Prius are 5 door hatchbacks. 3.52% are 4 door saloons.
- 9.13% of Toyota Prius owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.48% of Toyota Prius are classified as Imports.
- The top 10 locations to see Toyota Prius are: London, Birmingham, Chester, Reading, Kingston Upon Thames, Slough, Guildford, Portsmouth, Manchester and Swindon. Together these locations contain 43.86% of all UK Toyota Prius.
- Silver/Aluminium is the most popular colour amongst Toyota Prius owners and accounts for 30.70%. Black (20.04%) is the second most popular choice, and Blue the third most popular choice with a 16.05% share.
- 20.25% of Toyota Prius are less than 12 months old, 46.56% are younger than 2 years old and 82.46% of Toyota Prius are less than 4 years old.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.