Focus on the Toyota Prius
Did you know…?
Automotive experts at Callcredit Information Group have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 45,407 Toyota Prius currently registered in the UK.
• The Toyota Prius represents 0.150% of all UK registered cars.
• 41.25% of UK Toyota Prius owners are male, and 16.77% are females. 33.68% are company cars. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
• 97.04% are 5 door hatchbacks and 2.69% are 4 door saloons.
• Only 9.83% of Toyota Prius owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
• 0.38% are classified as Imports.
• The top 10 locations to see a Toyota Prius are: London, Birmingham, Reading, Portsmouth, Slough, Kinston upon Thames, Swindon, Leeds, Guildford and Manchester.
• Silver/ Aluminium is the most popular colour amongst Toyota Prius owners and accounts for 29.00%. Black (19.58%) is the second most popular choice, and Blue is the third most popular choice with a 15.91% share.
• 68.75% have engines below 1549 and 31.25% have engines between 1750 and 1949.
• 39.53% are less than 2 years old and 47.41% are between 2 and 5 years old.
This analysis has been performed by Callcredit Information Group using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.