Focus on Mini_20191021081407941
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting (part of Callcredit
Information Group) have analysed the latest market statistics
from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the
303,334 MINIs currently registered in the UK.
- MINI represents 1.003% of all UK registered vehicles.
- They are a popular car with women as 56.52% of UK MINIs belong
to private female owners, and only 28.59% to males. 7.60% are
company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender
- 83.26% of MINIs are 3 door hatchbacks and 13.40% are
- 27.80% of MINI owners have chosen to put private plates on
- 0.12% of MINIs are classified as Imports.
- The majority of MINIs (93.40%) are manual transmission. Just
6.60% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see MINIs are: London, Birmingham,
Reading, Glasgow, Guildford, Chester, Newcastle Upon Tyne,
Chelmsford, Sheffield and Manchester. Together these locations
contain 24.53% of all UK MINIs.
- The most popular model is the MINI Cooper, making up 70.89% of
the UK MINI market, followed by the MINI One with 29.10%.
- Black is the most popular colour amongst MINI owners,
accounting for 20.00%. Red (16.81%) is the second most popular
choice, and Blue the third most popular choice with a 16.78%
- 10.83% of MINIs are less than 12 months old, 26.10% are younger
than 2 years old and 51.88% of MINIs are less than 4 years
- 8.29% of MINIs have an engine size below 1549. The remaining 91.71% have engine sizes above 1550.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.