Focus on MINI
Did you know…?
Automotive experts GMAP Consulting (part of Callcredit Information Group) have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 398,257 MINIs currently registered in the UK
- MINIs represent 1.319% of all UK registered cars
- 51.49% of UK MINIs belong to private female owners, and 35.70% to males. 6.12% of MINIs are company car owned. The remaining cars (6.69%) have no gender assigned
- 67.25% of MINIs are 3 door hatchbacks, 14.49% are 2 door saloons
- 25.01% of MINI owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle
- 0.40% of MINIs are classified as imports
- The top 10 locations to see MINIs are: London, Birmingham, Reading, Guildford, Glasgow, Sheffield, Chelmsford, Nottingham, Bristol and Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- Red is the most popular colour amongst MINI owners and accounts for 17.45%. Black, at 17.26% is the second most popular choice, and blue the third most popular choice with a 16.75% share
- 73.21% of MINIs have engines rated at 1550-1749cc and 9.59% have engine sizes between 950-1149cc. 8.03% have engines sized 1350-1549 cc and 7.82% are rated between 1150-1349cc. The bulk of remaining MINIs – 1.28% - have engines rated lower than 1000cc, between 750-949 in size.
- 19.5% of MINIs are under 2 years old, 20.29% are between 2 and 4 years old and 42.14% are between 4 and 10 year’s old. 17.93% of MINIs on the road are over 10 year’s old
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.
About Callcredit Information Group
The Callcredit Information Group (CIG) brings together experts across the fields of credit referencing, marketing services, interactive solutions and consultative analytics to enable our client base of businesses and consumers to make informed decisions using our innovative products and services.
CIG’s products and services are delivered in five distinct areas:
Customer Management & Value Building
Collections & Recoveries
To ensure effective delivery, the Group is divided into two complimentary divisions:
Credit Solutions, encompassing specialists in credit risk, ID verification services and tracing tools
Marketing Solutions, providing specialist knowledge in customer analytics, consumer targeting, database building and hosting, marketing communications, business modelling and market analysis
Callcredit Check is the consumer arm of credit reference agency Callcredit, providing consumers with instant online access to their credit report and services to help them monitor their credit status.