Focus on Ford Fiesta
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 1,340,809 Ford Fiestas currently registered in the UK.
- Ford Fiestas represent 4.44% of all UK registered vehicles.
- 45.06% of UK Ford Fiestas belong to private female owners, and 42.47% to males. 6.47% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 53.85% of Ford Fiestas are 5 door hatchbacks and 42.78% are 3 door hatchbacks.
- Only 5.63% of Ford Fiesta owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 1.50% of Ford Fiestas are classified as Imports.
- 97.22% of Ford Fiestas are manual transmission and just 2.78% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Ford Fiestas are: Birmingham, London, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Leicester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Swansea, Southend-on-Sea and Nottingham. Together these locations contain 22.21% of all UK Ford Fiestas.
- Blue is the most popular colour amongst Ford Fiesta owners and accounts for 26.62%. Silver/Aluminium (22.10%) is the second most popular choice, and red the third most popular choice with an 18.82% share.
- 14.76% of Ford Fiestas are less than 24 months old, 29.22% are younger than 4 years old and 30.58% of Ford Fiestas are over 10 years old.
- 62.11% have an engine size below 1349. 26.45% have engine sizes between 1350 and 1549. The remaining 10.17% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949.
- As the figures demonstrate, the majority of Ford Fiesta owners have opted for smaller sized engines which produce fewer emissions and are more cost effective. In today’s economic climate it is no surprise that the Ford Fiesta is one of the most popular vehicles amongst consumers.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.