European Data Protection Day
Owen Roberts, Identity Protection Expert at Callcredit, available for interview.
• The Data Protection Day aims to educate consumers about the risks associated with the use and abuse of personal data
• This is timely because 93pc* of UK consumers are unsure that they're taking the right steps to guard against ID fraud
• 72pc have been affected or know someone who's been affected by
Across Europe, events are being held aiming to help EU citizens understand what, how and why personal data is being collected and used, what their rights are and what the risks can be.
With news of UK governmental data breaches reaching us almost on a weekly basis, the need to educate consumers about how their data is being used and potentially misused is more important than ever.
Owen Roberts, ID Protection Expert at Callcredit, can give advice to consumers on how to protect their identities when at work, shopping, travelling or surfing the internet.
Callcredit's top tips to protect your identity
• Don't throw your identity in the bin - always shred important
• Keep passwords and PINS safe and don't disclose them to anyone
• Don't broadcast your identity on the internet by failing to protect your PC
• Keep a note of useful numbers to contact should you suspect you have become a victim of ID fraud
• Make certain you are watching for warning signs by regularly checking your credit report on www.mycallcredit.co.uk
To arrange an interview please contact Julia Burchell on 0207 067 0017 or email@example.com
For further information, please visit www.mycallcredit.co.uk
* Populus, commissioned by Fellowes, CallCredit, Experian and Equifax, interviewed a random sample of 1005 adults aged 18+ by telephone between September 21st and 23rd 2007. Interviews were conducted across the country and the results have been weighted to be representative of all adults. Populus is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. For more details go to www.populuslimited.com.