Credit Professional conquer the Three Peaks in under 22 hours
Team tackled the Peaks to raise money for homeless charity Shelter
On Thursday 19th June 2008, a team of 35 people - 14 staff and 21 clients of credit reference agency Callcredit, including HBOS, Vodafone and HSBC, - set off on the ambitious Three Peaks Challenge to help raise money for their chosen charity, Shelter.
Not only did one of the teams complete the Challenge in just 22 hours, they also raised a staggering £4500 (and counting) in sponsorship fees.
The Three Peaks Challenge involves walking approximately 26 miles whilst climbing three of the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales. The three Peaks, which have to be climbed with 24 hours, are Snowdon (1085m), Scafell (978m) and Ben Nevis (1344m).
Mike Davies, Business Development Director at Callcredit and Group Leader of the Challenge comments:
"Callcredit is committed to charities such as Shelter. We feel very proud to be able to help them with the work they do for the homeless by organising events like the Three Peaks Challenge.
"We should all be incredibly proud of what we've achieved, both on a personal level and for Shelter. Our combined efforts have meant that we've raised an overwhelming amount of money for our charity, so I'd like to congratulate and thank all those involved.
"Despite the aching muscles, we all had an incredibly good time and I'd recommend the Challenge to anyone."
Shelter is a national campaigning charity working to improve the lives of homeless and badly housed people. It helps over 38,000 households a year.
- Clients of Callcredit who participated in the Three Peaks
Challenge were as follows:
HBOS, HSBC, Capital One, Otto, Citi, Nationwide, National Australia, Barclays, ING, Windsor CME, A&L, Vodafone and HSBC Cards
- To support the 3 Peaks Challenge Team you can donate online at http://www.justgiving.com/callcredit3peakschallenge
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit Check provides consumers with online access to the details of their credit file at www.callcreditcheck.com
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Skipton Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem
• Following the publication of Sir James Crosby's report, Callcredit has joined forces with the other two UK credit reference agencies to offer expert advice for victims of ID fraud. This joined up approach will mean that victims can contact Callcredit who will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on their behalf. Our ID fraud team will also work with victims to contact all lenders and ensure that fraudulent information is removed and the consumers' credit history is fully restored.