Consumers are squeezed from all sides
Checking your credit report has never been more important
As the purse strings tighten and the credit crunch takes hold, Callcredit Check is advising consumers to take a good look at their finances. The new online service, previously MyCallcredit, now enables consumers to check their credit report online in real time, receive email alerts to notify them of any changes to their file and get monthly updated credit scores all in one package.
The latest figures from Philip Hammond, shadow Treasury chief secretary, reveal that the disposable income of the average working family has dropped from £26,200 in 2006 to £25,900 today and personal debt in the UK is growing at an unprecedented rate - £1million every 5 minutes1. With both an increase in the cost of living and a reduced disposable income, consumers may feel like they are being squeezed from all sides.
Callcredit Check is the first all inclusive service offered to consumers, removing the need to subscribe to the services separately. And most importantly to cash-strapped consumers, Callcredit Check is the cheapest service available - at £12 per quarter for email alerts, monthly credit scores and unlimited online access to their credit report.
Owen Roberts, Head of Callcredit Consumer commented:
"2008 is likely to be a tough year for most of us with the credit crunch and increasing incidences of identity fraud - it is a prime time to become financially aware. With the majority of people having more than a handful of credit commitments, Callcredit Check is a central resource that makes taking control of your finances so much easier. Regularly checking your credit report is an essential part of a healthy financial lifestyle."
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit check (www.callcreditcheck.com) is the consumer arm of credit reference agency Callcredit, providing consumers with instant online access to their credit report and services to help them monitor their credit status.
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Skipton
Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem