CCJ boost in Barrow in Furness
CCJ boost in Barrow in Furness
The number of County Court Judgements (CCJs) issued by courts in Barrow in Furness have soared by 113pc in the first quarter of this year according to credit reference agency Callcredit (see below for table ranking detail).
Owen Roberts, Head of Callcredit Check comments:
"The rising cost of living and increases in mortgage rates appear to be hitting residents in Barrow in Furness hard, and are no doubt a contributory factor to the rise in CCJs being issued.
"With a gloomy outlook being painted by many financial experts, we'd advise consumers to check their credit report at www.callcreditcheck.com as a first step towards gaining a full understanding of their financial situation. If circumstances are becoming unmanageable, borrowers should contact their lender or an organisation such as the Consumer Credit Counselling Service to obtain independent advice on the best way forward."
Key statistics - data taken from Register of County Court
COURT NAME NUMBER OF CCJ'S Q1 2008 NUMBER OF CCJ'S Q4 2007 Percentage change
SHOREDITCH 1260 496 154%
LANARK 59 24 146%
BARROW IN FURNESS 151 71 113%
ABERYSTWYTH 29 14 107%
STIRLING 44 22 100%
PETERHEAD 47 24 96%
CREWE 120 66 82%
MERTHYR TYDFIL 87 48 81%
PENZANCE 107 60 78%
HAVERFORDWEST 57 32 78%
STOURBRIDGE 121 69 75%
GATESHEAD 1391 818 70%
BRECKNOCK 54 33 64%
NEWPORT (GWENT) 267 164 63%
WAKEFIELD 331 204 62%
PONTEFRACT 116 72 61%
NORTH SHIELDS 368 229 61%
CHORLEY 53 33 61%
KIRKCUDBRIGHT 16 10 60%
REDDITCH 202 127 59%
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit Check provides consumers with online access to the details of their credit file at www.callcreditcheck.com
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Skipton
Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem
• Following the publication of Sir James Crosby's report, Callcredit has joined forces with the other two UK credit reference agencies to offer expert advice for victims of ID fraud. This joined up approach will mean that victims can contact Callcredit who will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on their behalf. Our ID fraud team will also work with victims to contact all lenders and ensure that fraudulent information is removed and the consumers' credit history is fully restored.