Callcredit triumph again at Legal Technology Awards
Credit reference agency Callcredit has picked up a top industry award for its electronic identity verification product CallML, for the second time in three years.*
CallML, used by over 2800 legal and accountancy firms as well major lenders and other businesses, has been named 'Best of Breed' at the Legal Technology Awards 2009. The product was also Highly Recommended in the 'Online Product of the Year' category.
Since 2007 organisations have been required to verify the identity and address of all new customers as part of stringent anti-money laundering legislation. CallML has been designed specifically to meet this requirement by integrating a wide range of independent data sources to enable users to reach a decision instantly with confidence and certainty.
Martin Cheek, Head of Direct Sales at Callcredit Direct said: "We are delighted with the win. CallML has quickly established itself as the UK's leading online anti-money laundering verification system and this award is testament to its popularity."
He added: "CallML makes life much easier for firms and their clients. It saves them both the considerable cost and inconvenience of supplying and checking documentary evidence, such as driving licences and passports. In addition, having the confidence that your company has complied with all the requirements of money laundering legislation is a weight off the mind for all regulated companies."
Notes to Editors
*CallML was also awarded 'Online Product of the Year' at the Legal Technology Awards in 2007
• Compliant with anti-money laundering legislation
• Instant 'pass' or 'refer' result
• Access extensive public and financial data
• Reliable, secure technology
• No need for paper-based documents
• Checks against the Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) File as standard
• The system can be used to verify Beneficial Owners.
• CallML can look against the Deceased file in line with JMLSG guidance stating that firms should use an Electronic Verification system that "accesses negative information sources, such as databases relating to identity fraud and deceased persons"
To find out more about Callcredit Direct's products, visit www.callcreditdirect.co.uk
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit Direct (www.callcreditdirect.co.uk) was established in 2004 to serve small to medium enterprises and has expanded from a team of four to employ forty dedicated staff. Under Martin Cheek's guidance, Helen Mann and Adam Thornton lead a team of eighteen consultants specialising in anti-fraud legislation and the operating needs of various business sectors. Our Field and Accounts advisors maintain face-to-face contact with clients nationwide at seminars and conferences, and our head office in central Leeds is fully equipped to provide a dedicated and personalised service.
• Callcredit Check provides consumers with online access to the details of their credit file at www.callcreditcheck.com
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Callcredit Information Group www.callcreditgroup.com