Callcredit hires raft of new staff
New appointments build on business success of 2007
While some firms within the credit industry are tightening their belts in response to the global credit crunch, Callcredit has today announced four new appointments. Matthew Elsom, Michael Brown, Edward Davies and Gayle Dunkley are joining the expanding credit reference agency as it enters profit two years ahead of schedule.
Matthew Elsom, Head of Credit Risk, joins from American credit risk software company Provenir and will be leading the Credit Risk sales team, responsible for relationships with the major lenders, as well as the telecommunication and insurance sectors. Reporting to the Sales Director Mike Davies, Matthew has high expectations, anticipating sales to maintain rapid growth into 2008.
Michael Brown joins Callcredit from Nestle UK as Group Security Manager, reporting directly into IT Director John Eggleston. The role will ensure that Skipton Information Group continues to demonstrate best practice around Information Risk Management and will cover all domains of Information Risk Management, from physical security and business continuity through to security awareness and education.
Edward Davies has been appointed Data Assets Director, a new position at Callcredit. Edward will be responsible for data governance, compliance and quality, functions previously owned by separate departments within Callcredit. Gayle Dunkley has been appointed Compliance Manager, reporting directly to Edward and heading a team engaged in the monitoring, audit and improvement of all business processes relating to access and use of personal data by Callcredit's customers.
Between them, Edward and Gayle have over 30 years experience in data, process and risk management in the credit industry. Their recruitment, and the creation of the Data Assets roles, demonstrates Callcredit's commitment to continuous improvement in business process and data quality.
John McAndrew, Managing Director, Callcredit, says:
"2007 was a phenomenal year of growth for the business and these new recruits are joining as a direct result of our continued expansion. They all bring a wealth of experience to the agency and will no doubt help to ensure that our business development continues in the same vein into 2008 and beyond."
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit consumer provides consumers with online access to the details of their credit file at www.callcreditcheck.com
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Skipton
Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem