Automotive Focus: Toyota

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting, part of the Callcredit Marketing Solutions, have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 1,342,046 Toyotas currently registered in the UK.

  • Toyota represents 3.576% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Toyota ranks as the 6th most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 34.98% of UK Toyotas belong to private female owners, and 49.08% to males. 7.92% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 47.55% are 5 door hatchbacks, 17.81% of Toyotas are estates and 16.72% are 3 door hatchbacks.

  • 13.34% of Toyota owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 2.72% of Toyotas are classified as Imports.

  • 81.87% of Toyotas are manual transmission and 18.13% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Toyotas are: Birmingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham, Glasgow, Leicester, Guildford, Reading, Portsmouth and Bristol. Together these locations contain 19.95% of all UK Toyotas.

  • The most popular model is the Toyota Yaris, making up 23.07% of the UK Toyota market, followed by the Toyota Corolla with 15.90% and the Toyota Avensis with 15.38%.

  • The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium (34.04%) and Blue (19.59%) which together make up 53.63% of all UK Toyota. Red (11.65%) and Black (11.48%) follow close behind. 

  • 14.62% of Toyotas are less than 24 months old, 31.20% are younger than 4 years old and 23.63% of Toyotas are over 10 years old.

  • 15.23% have an engine size below 1149. 27.21% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549. 26.55% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 31.01% have engine sizes above 1950.

  • 25.73% are classified as Superminis, 22.41% as Small Family and 19.40 as Medium Family cars.

This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.