Automotive Focus: Suzuki

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting, part of Callcredit Information Group, have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 326,934 Suzukis currently registered in the UK.

  • Suzuki represents 0.872% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Suzuki ranks as the 20th most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 41.49% of UK Suzukis belong to private female owners, and 46.88% to males. 2.62% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 45.73% of Suzukis are estates and 30.90% are 5 door hatchbacks.

  • 11.67% of Suzuki owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 0.35% of Suzukis are classified as Imports.

  • 88.55% of Suzukis are manual transmission and 11.45% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Suzukis are: Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Peterborough, Swansea, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff. Together these locations contain 18.64% of all UK Suzukis.

  • The most popular model is the Suzuki Swift, making up 23.05% of the UK Suzuki market, followed by the Suzuki Grand Vitara with 17.87% and the Suzuki Vitara with 10.83%. 

  • The top two favoured colours are Blue (23.39%) and Silver/Aluminium (19.58%) which together make up 42.98% of all UK Suzukis. Red (17.83%) and Black (11.46%) follow close behind.

  • 12.95% of Suzukis are less than 24 months old, 29.58% are younger than 4 years old and 21.53% of Suzukis are over 10 years old.

  • 18.86% have an engine size below 1149. 44.41% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549. 25.03% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 11.70% have engine sizes above 1950.

  • 41.69% are classified as Small Superminis, 40.91% as Small 4x4's and 10.49% as Minis.

This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.