Automotive Focus: Suzuki
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting, part of Callcredit
Information Group, have analysed the latest market statistics from
the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the
326,934 Suzukis currently registered in the UK.
- Suzuki represents 0.872% of UK registered vehicles.
- Suzuki ranks as the 20th most favoured make by UK
- 41.49% of UK Suzukis belong to private female owners, and
46.88% to males. 2.62% are company car owned. The remaining cars
have no gender assigned.
- 45.73% of Suzukis are estates and 30.90% are 5 door
- 11.67% of Suzuki owners have chosen to put private plates on
- 0.35% of Suzukis are classified as Imports.
- 88.55% of Suzukis are manual transmission and 11.45% are
- The top 10 locations to see Suzukis are: Sheffield, Birmingham,
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Peterborough, Swansea, Nottingham, Portsmouth,
Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff. Together these locations contain
18.64% of all UK Suzukis.
- The most popular model is the Suzuki Swift, making up 23.05% of
the UK Suzuki market, followed by the Suzuki Grand Vitara with
17.87% and the Suzuki Vitara with 10.83%.
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (23.39%) and
Silver/Aluminium (19.58%) which together make up 42.98% of all UK
Suzukis. Red (17.83%) and Black (11.46%) follow close behind.
- 12.95% of Suzukis are less than 24 months old, 29.58% are
younger than 4 years old and 21.53% of Suzukis are over 10 years
- 18.86% have an engine size below 1149. 44.41% have engine sizes
between 1150 and 1549. 25.03% have engine sizes between 1550 and
1949. The remaining 11.70% have engine sizes above 1950.
- 41.69% are classified as Small Superminis, 40.91% as Small 4x4's and 10.49% as Minis.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.