Automotive Focus: Small 4x4s
Did you know...?
- There are 889,206 small 4x4s currently
registered in the UK.
- This represents 2.930% of UK registered
- 31.34% of small 4x4s belong to private female
owners, and 52.89% are owned by males.
8.39% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 23.37% of small 4x4 owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicles.
- Only 0.64% of small 4x4s are classified as
- 79.45% of small 4x4s are manual transmission
whilst the remaining 20.55% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see small 4x4s are: London, Birmingham,
Sheffield, Glasgow, Peterborough, Reading, Nottingham, Newcastle
Upon Tyne, Chester and Tunbridge Wells. Together these locations
contain 19.46% of all small 4x4s.
- The most popular small 4x4 make is Land Rover which dominates
the market with a 22.66% share. Next in line are
Honda with 16.63% and Suzuki with
- The most popular small 4x4 model is the Land Rover Freelander,
making up 22.66% of the small 4x4 market, followed
by the Honda CR-V with 14.88% and Toyota Rav4 with
- The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium
(25.82%) and Black (19.07%) which
together make up 44.89% of all small 4x4s. Blue
(18.59%) and Grey (10.22%) follow
- 18.24% are less than 24 months old,
39.46% are younger than 4 years old and
14.33% of small 4x4s are over 10 years old.
- 24.21% have an engine size less than 1949, 65.53% have an engine size between 1950 and 2449, The remaining 10.26% have an engine size between above 2450.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.