Automotive Focus: Škoda

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 366,019 Škodas currently registered in the UK.

  • Škoda represents 0.977% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Škoda ranks as the 18th most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 27.41% of UK Škodas belong to private female owners, and 55.47% to males. 10.65% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 70.09% of Škodas are 5 door hatchbacks and 24.57% are estates.

  • Only 6.13% of Škoda owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 0.10% of Škodas are classified as Imports.

  • 94.68% of Škodas are manual transmission and just 5.32% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Škodas are: Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Milton Keynes, Glasgow, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Leicester and Oxford. Together these locations contain 20.33% of all UK Škodas.

  • The most popular model is the Škoda Fabia, making up 43.30% of the UK Škoda market, followed by the Škoda Octavia with 35.68% and the Škoda Felicia with 13.80%.
  • The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium (20.42%) and Blue (17.65%) which together make up 38.07% of all UK Škodas. Grey (16.68%) and Red (13.42%) follow close behind.

  • 19.08% of Škodas are less than 24 months old, 38.99% are younger than 4 years old and 11.37% of Škodas are over 10 years old.

  • 23.83% have an engine size below 1349. 27.80% have engine sizes between 1350 and 1749. The remaining 48.37% have engine sizes above 1750.

  • 45.53% are classified as Superminis, 35.68% as Medium Family Cars and 15.17% as Small Family Cars.

This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.