Automotive Focus: Seat
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 301,736 Seats currently registered in the UK.
- Seat represents 0.803% of UK registered vehicles.
- Seat ranks as the 21st most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 34.05% of UK Seats belong to private female owners, and 51.00% to males. 8.50% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 48.98% of Seats are 5 door hatchbacks and 36.15% are 3 door hatchbacks.
- 10.01% of Seat owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.24% of Seats are classified as Imports.
- 96.50% of Seats are manual transmission and just 3.50% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Seats are: Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Glasgow, Sheffield, Southampton, Reading, Swansea, Leicester and Coventry. Together these locations contain 20.57% of all UK Seats.
- The most popular model is the Seat Ibiza, making up 41.57% of the UK Seat market, followed by the Seat Leon with 28.17% and the Seat Alhambra with 9.31%.
- The top two favoured colours are Grey (21.28%) and Red (20.49%) which together makes up 41.77% of all UK Seats. Black (19.75%) and Blue (18.39%) follow close behind.
- 18.89% of Seats are less than 24 months old, 37.97% are younger than 4 years old and 12.95% of Seats are over 10 years old.
- 15.94% have an engine size below 1349. 26.91% have engine sizes between 1350 and 1549. 44.03% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 13.12% have engine sizes above 1950.
- 41.57% are classified as Superminis, 38.07% as Small Family Cars and 9.31% as MPV's.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.