Automotive Focus: Saab

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 247,200 Saabs currently registered in the UK.

  • This represents 0.658% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Saab ranks as the 25th most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 17.82% of UK Saabs belong to private female owners, and 61.00% to males. 13.19% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 34.46% of Saabs are 4 door saloons, 21.28% are convertibles and 19.11% are 5 door hatchbacks.

  • 22.95% of Saab owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 1.37% of Saabs are classified as Imports.

  • 71.97% of Saabs are manual transmission and 28.03% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Saabs are: Birmingham, Reading, Leicester, Glasgow, Bristol, Guildford, Chester, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Sheffield. Together these locations contain 20.54% of all UK Saabs.

  • The most popular model is the Saab 9-3, making up 58.05% of the UK Saab market, followed by the Saab 9-5 with 20.95% and the Saab 900 with 14.10%.

  • The top two favoured colours are Black (23.47%) and Blue (22.88%) which together makes up 46.35% of all UK Saabs. Silver/Aluminium (21.91%) and Grey (13.41%) follow close behind.

  • 13.83% of Saabs are less than 24 months old, 34.71% are younger than 4 years old and 27.40% of Saabs are over 10 years old.

  • 24.99% have an engine size below 1949. 72.68% have engine sizes between 1950-2449. The remaining 2.33% have engine sizes above 2450.

  • All UK Registered Saabs are classified as either Medium Family Cars (72.38%) or Large Family Cars (26.98%).

This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.