Automotive Focus: Porsche

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 101,922 Porsches currently registered in the UK.

  • This represents 0.272% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Porsche ranks as the 32nd most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 13.85% of UK Porsches belong to private female owners, and 73.35% to males. 6.27% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 47.13% of Porsches are coupes and 39.32% are convertibles.

  • An astounding 65.43% of Porsche owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 3.85% of Porsches are classified as Imports.

  • 78.05% of Porsches are manual transmission and 21.95% are automatic. The majority as these automatics are Porsche Cayennes, reflecting the different market positioning of this model.

  • The top 10 locations to see Porsches are: London SW, Reading, Birmingham, Guildford, Kingston Upon Thames, London W, Chelmsford, Tunbridge Wells, Redhill and Sheffield. Together these locations contain 22.55% of all UK Porsches. 

  • The most popular model is the Porsche Boxster, making up 29.49% of the UK Porsche market, followed by the Porsche 911 Carrera with 26.50% and the Porsche 911 with 11.46%.
  • The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium (24.72%) and Black (23.11%) which together makes up 47.83% of all UK Porsches. Blue (18.24%) and Grey (12.18%) follow close behind.

  • 14.40% of Porsches are less than 24 months old, 33.69% are younger than 4 years old and 30.08% of Porsches are over 10 years old.

  • 3.71% have an engine size below 2449. 25.50% have engine sizes between 2450 and 2949. The remaining 70.79% have engine sizes above 2950.
  • 89.45% are classified as Sports Cars and 10.55% as Large 4x4's.

This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.