Automotive Focus: Porsche
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest
market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an
insight into the 101,922 Porsches currently
registered in the UK.
- This represents 0.272% of UK registered
- Porsche ranks as the 32nd most favoured make
by UK consumers.
- 13.85% of UK Porsches belong to private female
owners, and 73.35% to males.
6.27% are company car owned. The remaining cars
have no gender assigned.
- 47.13% of Porsches are coupes and
39.32% are convertibles.
- An astounding 65.43% of Porsche owners have
chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 3.85% of Porsches are classified as
- 78.05% of Porsches are manual transmission and
21.95% are automatic. The majority as these
automatics are Porsche Cayennes, reflecting the different market
positioning of this model.
- The top 10 locations to see Porsches are:
London SW, Reading, Birmingham, Guildford, Kingston Upon Thames,
London W, Chelmsford, Tunbridge Wells, Redhill and Sheffield.
Together these locations contain 22.55% of all UK
- The most popular model is the Porsche
Boxster, making up 29.49% of the UK
Porsche market, followed by the Porsche 911
Carrera with 26.50% and the
Porsche 911 with 11.46%.
- The top two favoured colours are
Silver/Aluminium (24.72%) and Black
(23.11%) which together makes up
47.83% of all UK Porsches. Blue
(18.24%) and Grey (12.18%) follow
- 14.40% of Porsches are less than 24 months
old, 33.69% are younger than 4 years old and
30.08% of Porsches are over 10 years old.
- 3.71% have an engine size below 2449.
25.50% have engine sizes between 2450 and 2949.
The remaining 70.79% have engine sizes
- 89.45% are classified as Sports Cars and 10.55% as Large 4x4's.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.