Automotive Focus: Peugeot
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 2,104,315 Peugeots currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 5.614% of UK registered vehicles.
- Peugeot ranks as the 4th most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 39.96% of UK Peugeots belong to private female owners, and 46.37% to males. 6.66% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 39.36% of Peugeots are 5 door hatchbacks, 31.88% are 3 door hatchbacks and 12.84% are estates.
- 9.59% of Peugeot owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- Only 0.29% of Peugeots are classified as Imports.
- 94.21% of Peugeots are manual transmission and 5.79% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Peugeots are: Birmingham, Leicester, Sheffield, Coventry, Nottingham, Bristol, Peterborough, Guildford, Portsmouth and Redhill. Together these locations contain 19.29% of all UK Peugeots.
- The most popular model is the Peugeot 206, making up 29.24% of the UK Peugeot market, followed by the Peugeot 307 with 14.61% and the Peugeot 306 with 13.97%.
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (25.79%) and Silver/Aluminium (25.36%) which together make up over half of all UK Peugeots (51.16%). Red (15.84%) and Black (10.17%) follow close behind.
- 11.76% of Peugeots are less than 24 months old, 24.55% are younger than 4 years old and 26.36% of Peugeots are over 10 years old.
- 17.27% have an engine size below 1349. 28.24% have engine sizes between 1350 and 1549. 33.12% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 21.37% have engine sizes above 1950.
- 39.23% are classified as Superminis and 30.60% as Small Family Cars.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.