Automotive Focus: Nissan
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 1,218,542 Nissans currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 3.251% of UK registered vehicles.
- Nissan ranks as the 8th most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 39.15% of UK Nissans belong to private female owners, and 47.01% to males. 6.29% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 44.08% of Nissans are 5 door hatchbacks, 34.00% are 3 door hatchbacks and 11.55% are estates.
- Just 6.76% of Nissan owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.92% of Nissans are classified as Imports.
- 85.17% of Nissans are manual transmission and 14.83% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Nissans are: Birmingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Sheffield, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Peterborough and Portsmouth. Together these locations contain 17.88% of all UK Nissans.
- The most popular model is the Nissan Micra, making up 47.40% of the UK Nissan market, followed by the Nissan Almera with 14.66% and the Nissan Primera with 12.75%.
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (21.83%) and Silver/Aluminium (21.68%) which together make up 43.51% of all UK Nissans. Red (19.81%) and Grey (9.31%) follow close behind.
- 10.40% of Nissans are less than 24 months old, 22.83% are younger than 4 years old and 33.05% of Nissans are over 10 years old.
- 27.38% have an engine size below 1149. 35.44% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549. 19.11% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 18.07% have engine sizes above 1950.
- 51.56% are classified as Superminis and 23.31% as Small Family Cars.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.