Automotive Focus: Mitsubishi
Did you know…?
- Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 261,457 Mitsubishis currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 0.695% of UK registered vehicles.
- Mitsubishi ranks as the 24th most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 25.99% of UK Mitsubishis belong to private female owners, and 57.82% to males. 9.28% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 45.20% of Mitsubishis are estates, 28.05% are 5 door hatchbacks and 10.60% are 3 door hatchbacks.
- 22.84% of Mitsubishi owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 5.41% of Mitsubishis are classified as Imports.
- 75.18% of Mitsubishis are manual transmission and 24.82% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Mitsubishis are: Birmingham, Gloucester, Sheffield, Bristol, Chester, Exeter, Nottingham, Peterborough, Swansea and Manchester. Together these locations contain 18.64% of all UK Mitsubishis.
- The most popular model is the Mitsubishi Shogun, making up 31.70% of the UK Mitsubishi market, followed by the Mitsubishi Colt with 18.83% and the Mitsubishi Carisma with 13.29%.
- The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium (27.02%) and Blue (19.62%) which together makes up 46.65% of all UK Mitsubishis. Black (13.96%) and Red (12.18%) follow close behind.
- 14.72% of Mitsubishis are less than 24 months old, 32.57% are younger than 4 years old and 27.92% of Mitsubishis are over 10 years old.
- 19.05% have an engine size below 1549. 30.43% have engine sizes between 1550 and 2449. The remaining 35.68% have engine sizes above 2450.
- 33.56% are classified as Large 4x4s and 32.12% as Small Family Cars.