Automotive Focus: Mini
Did you know…?
NB: This analysis is based on New MINI, rather than the original.
- There are 281,365 MINIs currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 0.748% of UK registered vehicles.
- MINI ranks as the 23rd most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 55.41% of UK MINIs belong to private female owners, and 28.94% by males. 8.73% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.
- 83.92% of MINIs are 3 door hatchbacks and 13.41% are convertibles. 2.46% are estates.
- 26.25% of MINI owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.12% of MINIs are classified as Imports.
- 93.47% of MINIs are manual transmission and 6.53% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see MINIs are: Birmingham, Reading, Guildford, London SW, Glasgow, Chester, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Chelmsford, Sheffield and Manchester. Together these locations contain 20.89% of all UK MINIs.
- The most popular model is the MINI Cooper, making up 70.37% of the UK MINI market, followed by the MINI One with 29.63%.
- The top two favoured colours are Black (20.06%) and Blue (17.14%) which together makes up 37.20% of all UK MINI's. Red (16.84%) and Silver/Aluminium (16.42%) follows close behind.
- 15.55% of MINIs are less than 12 months old, 30.50% are less than 24 months old and 59.02% are younger than 4 years old.
- 7.15% have an engine size below 1549. The remaining 92.85% have engine sizes above 1550.