Automotive Focus: Mazda
Did you know…?
- There are 469,062 Mazdas currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 1.247% of UK registered vehicles.
- Mazda ranks as the 17th most favoured make by UK consumers.
- 31.34% of UK Mazdas belong to private female owners, and 52.19% by males. 9.75% are company car owned. The genders owning the remaining cars are unknown.
- 54.37% of Mazdas are 5 door hatchbacks and 20.34% are convertibles.
- 32.10% of Mazdas are classed as small family cars. 29.71% are sports cars and 24.46% are medium family cars.
- 15.70% of Mazda owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
- 4.26% of Mazdas are classified as Imports.
- 92.74% of Mazdas are manual transmission and 7.26% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Mazdas are: Birmingham, Glasgow, Peterborough, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Chester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Bristol, Cardiff and Leicester. Together these locations contain 19.20% of all Mazdas.
- The most popular model is the Mazda MX-5, making up 21.84% of the UK Mazda market, followed by the Mazda 6 with 17.60% and the Mazda 323 with 16.11%.
- The top two favoured colours are Silver/Aluminium (26.41%) and Blue (23.58%) which together make up 49.98% of all UK Mazdas. Red (15.38%) and Grey (10.58%) follow close behind.
- 20.95% are less than 24 months old, 40.34% are younger than 4 years old and 22.91% of Mazdas are over 10 years old.
- 18.50% have an engine size below 1549, 43.82% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. 37.68% have engine sizes above 1950.