Automotive Focus: Large Executive Cars
Did you know...?
- There are 197,303 large executive cars
currently registered in the UK.
- This represents 0.650% of UK registered
- 88.97% of large executive cars are classed as
- 7.26% of large executive cars belong to
private female owners, and 71.96% are owned by
males. 13.56% are company car owned. The genders
owning the remaining cars are unknown.
- An astounding 61.81% of large executive car
owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicles.
- Only 0.79% of large executive cars are
classified as imports.
- Only 8.35% of large executive cars are manual
transmission whilst the remaining 91.65% are
- The top 10 locations to see large executive cars are: London,
Birmingham, Reading, Milton Keynes, Kingston Upon Thames,
Guildford, Coventry, Leicester, Chelmsford and Slough. Together
these locations contain 26.46% of all large
- The most popular large executive make is Jaguar which dominates
the market with a 33.84% share. Next in line are
Mercedes with 24.75% and BMW with
16.48%. The most popular large executive model is
the BMW 7 Series, making up 16.48% of the large
executive car market, closely followed by the Mercedes S-Class with
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (24.48%)
and Silver/Aluminium (24.32%) which together make
up 48.80% of all large executive cars. Followed by
Black (17.72%) and Green
- 15.48% are less than 24 months old,
29.18% are younger than 4 years old and
40.90% of large executive cars are over 10 years
- Only 0.31% have an engine size less than 2449, 9.77% have an engine size between 2450 and 2949, 48.62% have an engine size between 2950 and 3949. The remaining 41.29% have engine sizes above 3950.