Automotive Focus: Large 4x4s
Did you know…?
- There are 932,145 large 4x4s currently
registered in the UK.
- This represents 2.482% of UK registered
- 34.93% of large 4x4s are classed as prestige
- 17.90% of large 4x4s belong to private female
owners, and 63.53% are owned by males.
11.84% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- An impressive 41.99% of large 4x4 owners have
chosen to put private plates on their vehicle, proving its all
about 'show' for these gas-guzzlers!
- 2.06% of large 4x4s are classified as
- 49.67% of large 4x4s are manual transmission
and 50.33% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see large 4x4s are:
Birmingham, Sheffield, Peterborough, Reading, Tunbridge Wells,
Chester, Nottingham, Coventry, Chelmsford and Guilford. Together
these locations contain 17.70% of all 4x4s.
- The most popular large 4x4 make is Land Rover which dominates
the market with a 34.63% share. Next in line are Mitsubishi with
9.69% and Jeep with 9.38%.
- The most popular large 4x4 model is the Land
Rover Discovery, making up 22.90% of the large 4x4
market, followed by the Range Rover with
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (20.33%)
and Black (19.60%) which together make up 39.93%
of all large 4x4s. Silver/Aluminium (18.92%) and Green (15.10%)
follow close behind.
- 16.37% are less than 24 months old,
32.81% are younger than 4 years old and
32.73% of large 4x4s are over 10 years old.
- Only 9.46% have an engine size less than 2449, 47.42% have an engine size between 2450 and 2949, 30.00% have an engine size between 2950 and 3949. The remaining 13.13% have engine sizes above 3950.