Automotive Focus: Jeep

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • There are 93,721 Jeeps currently registered in the UK.

  • This represents 0.250% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Jeep ranks as the 33rd most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 20.67% of UK Jeeps belong to private female owners, and 65.81% by males. 6.28% are company car owned. The genders owning the remaining cars are unknown.

  • 96.16% of Jeeps are Estates.

  • An impressive 40.99% of Jeep owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • Only 0.93% of Jeeps are classified as Imports.

  • 41.91% of Jeeps are manual transmission and 58.09% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Jeeps are: Birmingham, Chelmsford, Tunbridge Wells, Peterborough, Reading, Guildford, Sheffield, SW London, Norwich and Nottingham. Together these locations contain 17.54% of all Jeeps.

  • The most popular model is the Jeep Cherokee, making up 46.09% of the Jeep market, closely followed by the Jeep Grand Cherokee with 45.47%.

  • The top two favoured colours are Black (27.42%) and Blue (19.17%) which together make up 46.60% of all Jeeps. Silver/Aluminium (17.66%) and Green (17.00%) follow close behind.

  • 12.55% are less than 24 months old, 25.00% are younger than 4 years old and 30.51% of Jeeps are over 10 years old.

  • Only 4.24% have an engine size less than 2449, 53.41% have engine sizes between 2450 and 3949. The remaining 42.35% have engine sizes above 3950.