Automotive Focus: Hyundai
Did you know…?
- There are 316,432 Hyundais currently
registered in the UK.
- This represents 0.848% of UK registered
- Hyundai ranks as the 20th most favoured make
by UK consumers.
- Only 36.57% of UK Hyundais belong to private
female owners, and 51.69% by males.
5.05% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 34.24% of Hyundais are 5 door Hatchbacks,
20.50% are 3 door Hatchbacks,
15.46% are Coupes and 13.61% are
- Only 10.28% of Hyundai owners have chosen to
put private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.33% of Hyundais are classified as
- 80.02% of Hyundais are manual transmission and
19.98% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Hyundais are:
Birmingham, Portsmouth, Sheffield, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
Upon Tyne, Doncaster, Cardiff, Ipswich and Milton Keynes. Together
these locations contain 20.22% of all
- The most popular model is the Hyundai Accent,
making up 23.67% of the Hyundai market, closely
followed by the Getz with 17.63%.
- The top two favoured colours are
Silver/Aluminium (30.46%) and Blue (18.97%) which together make up
49.43% of all Hyundais. Red (17.75%) and Black
(12.79%) follow close behind.
- 19.12% are less than 24 months old.
40.50% are younger than 4 years old and
12.34% of Hyundais are over 10 years old.
- 18.48% have an engine size less than 1149. 34.26% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549 and 16.29% between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 30.97% have engine sizes above 1950.