Automotive Focus: Honda
Did you know…?
- There are 939,248 Hondas currently registered
in the UK.
- This represents 2.53% of UK registered
- Hondas rank as the 12th most favoured make by
- Only 30.02% of UK Ford's belong to private
female owners and 54.68% by males.
8.11% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 63.07% of Hondas are 3 or 5 door Hatchbacks,
20.22% are 2 or 4 door saloons and
15.08% are Estates.
- 13.06% of Honda owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicle.
- 1.31% of Hondas are classified as
- 78.56% of Hondas are manual transmission and
21.44% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Hondas are:
Birmingham, Glasgow, Stockport, Slough, Reading, Manchester,
Sheffield, Edinburgh, Bristol and Guildford. Together these
locations contain 19.63% of all Hondas.
- By far the most popular model is the Honda
Civic, making up 47.86% of the Honda market.
- The top two favoured colours are
Silver/Aluminium (31.07%) and Blue (22.42%) which together make up
53.49% of all Hondas. Cars that are Red (12.29%) and Black (12.13%)
- 20.65% are less than 24 months old and 39.37%
are younger than 4 years old. 19.27% are older than 10
- 36.39% have an engine size less than 1549 while 27.89% have an engine size between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 35.72% have engine sizes greater than 1950.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.