Automotive Focus: Ford
Did you know…?
- There are 4,896,677 Fords currently registered
in the UK.
- This represents 13.20% of UK registered
- Fords rank as the number 1 most favoured make
by UK consumers!
- Only 32.83% of UK Ford's belong to private
female owners, and 51.63% by males.
9.22% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 53.71% of Fords are 5 door Hatchbacks,
26.24% are 3 door Hatchbacks and
9.04% are Estates.
- Only 6.84% of Ford owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicle.
- 1.00% of Fords are classified as
- 94.36% of Fords are manual transmission and
5.64% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Fords are:
Birmingham, Chelmsford, Sheffield, Cardiff, Leicester, Nottingham,
Peterborough, Bristol, Southend-on-Sea and Liverpool. Together
these locations contain 20.11% of all Fords.
- The most popular model is the Ford Fiesta,
making up 27.78% of the Ford market, closely followed by the Focus
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (27.28%)
and Silver/Aluminium (21.88%) which make up 49.16%
of all Fords. Red (16.24%) and Black (12.16%) follow close
- 13.73% are less than 24 months old.
28.30% are younger than 4 years old and
25.64% of Fords are over 10 years old.
- 3.13% have an engine size less than 1149. 35.69% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549 and 44.45% between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 16.72% have engine sizes above 1950.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.