Automotive Focus: BMW
Did you know…?
- There are 1,129,602 BMWs currently registered
in the UK.
- This represents 3.054% of UK registered
- BMWs rank as the 9th most favoured make by UK
consumers, and is the top 'prestige' brand, making up
26.61% of this market.
- Only 18.38% of current private owners are
female and 61.05% are male.
13.41% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 9.61% of all BMWs are Convertible models. This
equates to 108,535 cars.
- 15.29% are Estates and 49.83%
- 36.54% of BMW owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicle.
- 1.12% of BMWs are classified as Imports.
- 65.26% of BMWs are manual transmission and
34.74% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see BMWs are: Reading,
Birmingham, Stockport, Guildford, South West London, Manchester,
Slough, Doncaster, Bristol, Sheffield. Together these locations
contain 21.33% of all BMWs.
- The most popular model is the BMW 3 Series,
making up 56.07% of the BMW market.
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (24.76%)
and Silver/Aluminium (23.27%) which make up 48.03% of all BMWs.
Black (20.01%) and Grey (10.65%) follow close behind.
- 9.64% are less than 24 months old.
35.69% are younger than 4 years old.
- 7.51% have an engine size less than 1750. 19.2% have an engine size over 2950.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.