Automotive Focus: Blue Cars
Did you know…?
• There are 7,261,075 blue vehicles currently registered in the UK.
• This represents 19.58% of all UK registered vehicles and 24.11% of all UK registered cars.
• Blue vehicles rank as the number 1 most common colour.
• 13.63% of blue vehicles are classified as prestige models.
• Only 32.01% of blue vehicles belong to private female owners, and 52.17% to males. 8.67% are company owned. The genders owning the remaining vehicles are unknown.
• When looking at body type 40.48% of blue vehicles are 5 door hatchbacks, 21.34% are 3 door hatchbacks and 13.80% are estates.
• 12.31% of blue vehicle owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.
• 0.82% of blue vehicles are classified as imports.
• 86.48% of blue vehicles are manual transmission and 13.52% are automatic.
• The top 10 locations to see blue vehicles are: Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Reading, Peterborough, Bristol, Glasgow, Cardiff and Manchester. Together these locations contain 18.00% of all Blue vehicles.
• Compared with other vehicles, the vehicle most likely to be blue is a Jaguar, followed closely by Ford and Fiat.
• 13.86% are less than 24 months old. 29.44% are younger than 4 years old and 24.36% of blue vehicles are over 10 years old.
• 9.87% have an engine size less than 1150. 27.57% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549. 35.04% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1949. The remaining 27.52% have engine sizes above 1950.
• 26.38% of blue vehicles are classified as Small Family cars, 24.79% are Supermini's and 20.44% are Medium Family Cars.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.