2009 Electoral Roll data already online at Callcredit
Credit reference agency Callcredit have announced that 2009 electoral roll data, which councils began releasing in November, has already begun to be uploaded to its online database.
Mark Davison, Group Technology Development Director said: "At Callcredit, we handle submissions from the UK's 400+ councils electronically, which means the new records can be processed, matched and online within hours of being received.
"The Electoral Roll is the cornerstone of identity verification and an essential element of the credit granting process. Around 13% of the information on the Electoral Roll changes each year and given that credit searches peak in December it is important we give businesses access to the most accurate, up-to-date information available as quickly as possible.
"Initial analysis indicates that the trend for the increasing opt-out rates looks to continue putting the completed year's figure around 42-43% of the entire electorate."
Notes to Editors
Spokespeople are available - please contact the Callcredit Press Office.
• Callcredit (www.callcredit.co.uk) is the UK's most innovative, state-of-the art credit reference agency, with an extensive range of information and value added services for businesses and individuals.
• Callcredit check (www.callcreditcheck.com) is the consumer arm of credit reference agency Callcredit, providing consumers with instant online access to their credit report and services to help them monitor their credit status.
• Callcredit has harnessed state-of-the-art information technology with an unrivalled knowledge of the industry's needs to develop a range of innovative information solutions. Solutions that are enabling major lenders and a host of other blue chip companies to address regulatory requirements, make better credit decisions, target new customers more effectively and manage existing customers more profitably.
• Callcredit is one of six core businesses that form the Callcredit Information Group. The other five are:
• Database management company EuroDirect
• Market analysis firm GMAP Consulting
• Online payment service provider, Legatio
• Scorecard development and affordability assessment specialist DecisionMetrics
• Marketing services and database specialist, Broadsystem