Automotive Focus: Renault

Did you know…?

Key Statistics:

  • Automotive experts GMAP Consulting have analysed the latest market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data to provide an insight into the 1,868,237 Renaults currently registered in the UK.

  • This represents 4.984% of UK registered vehicles.

  • Renault ranks as the 5th most favoured make by UK consumers.

  • 39.37% of UK Renaults belong to private female owners, and 46.61% to males. 6.77% are company car owned. The remaining cars have no gender assigned.

  • 45.80% of Renaults are 5 door hatchbacks and 30.22% are 3 door hatchbacks.

  • 9.33% of Renault owners have chosen to put private plates on their vehicle.

  • 0.36% of Renaults are classified as Imports.

  • 91.49% of Renaults are manual transmission and 8.51% are automatic.

  • The top 10 locations to see Renaults are: Birmingham, Glasgow, Sheffield, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol, Nottingham, Peterborough and Manchester. Together these locations contain 19.22% of all UK Renaults.

  • The most popular model is the Renault Clio, making up 41.30% of the UK Renault market, followed by the Renault Megane with 20.83% and the Renault Scenic with 16.01%. The Clio's popularity has perhaps been helped by the famous "Nicole", "Papa" advert campaign in the 1990s which has won various accolades as the most popular car advertisement ever made.

  • The top two favoured colours are Blue (25.96%) and Silver/Aluminium (19.40%) which together makes up 45.36% of all UK Renaults. Red (15.01%) and Black (12.86%) follow close behind.

  • 10.89% of Renaults are less than 24 months old, 26.46% are younger than 4 years old and 21.50% of Renaults are over 10 years old.

  • 25.69% have an engine size below 1149. 25.34% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1549. 23.82% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1749. The remaining 25.15% have engine sizes above 1750.

  • 43.46% are classified as Superminis, 21.62% as Small Family Cars and 18.62% as C MAV's. 

This analysis has been performed by Callcredit Information Group's GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.