Automotive Focus: Fiat
Did you know…?
- There are 868,210 Fiats currently registered
in the UK.
- This represents 2.34% of UK registered
- Fiats rank as the 13th most favoured make by
- 43.43% of UK Fiat's belong to private female
and 43.80% by males, making an almost equal gender
split. 4.60% are company car owned. The genders
owning the remaining cars are unknown.
- 42.46% of Fiats are 5 door Hatchbacks,
48.43% are 3 door Hatchbacks and
2.53% are Estates.
- 5.38% of Fiat owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicle.
- 0.58% of Fiats are classified as
- 99.09% of Fiats are manual transmission and
just 0.91% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see Fiats are:
Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Glasgow, Nottingham,
Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Stockport, Doncaster and
Northampton. Together these locations contain 20.78% of all
- The most popular model is the Fiat Punto,
which dominates sales and makes up 59.81% of the Fiat market.
- The top two favoured colours are Blue (26.91%)
and Grey (18.84%) which make up 45.76% of all Fiats. Red (18.36%)
and Black (13.68%) follow close behind.
- 11.16% are less than 24 months old.
25.00% are younger than 4 years old and 20.49% of
Fiats are over 10 years old.
- 19.59% have an engine size less than 1149. 55.22% have engine sizes between 1150 and 1349. The remaining 25.19% have engine sizes above 1350.
This analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market statistics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data.