Automotive Focus: C-MAV's
Did you know…?
C-MAV is a car classification used to describe multi-purpose vehicle versions of small family cars, As such, it may also be described as a compact MPV. Colloquially, this means cars with tall bodies but based on the chassis and engines of a C-Segment family car incorporating innovative and flexible seating and storage.
- There are 1,419,541 C-MAVs currently
registered in the UK.
- This represents 4.67% of UK registered
- 29.97% of C-MAVs belong to private female
owners, and 45.76% by males.
17.31% are company car owned. The genders owning
the remaining cars are unknown.
- 54.44% of C-MAVs are classed as MPVs and
24.76% are 5 Door Hatchbacks.
- 8.75% of C-MAV owners have chosen to put
private plates on their vehicle.
- Only 0.27% of C-MAVs are classified as
- 87.22% of C-MAV Cars are manual transmission
and 12.78% are automatic.
- The top 10 locations to see C-MAVs are:
London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Leicester,
Glasgow, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff and Reading. Together these
locations contain 21.80% of all C-MAVs.
- The most popular C-MAV make is Renault which
represents 24.36% of the market. Next in line are
Vauxhall (23.62%) and Citroen (17.34%).
- The most popular C-MAV model is the Vauxhall
Zafira, making up 23.82% of the C-MAV
market, closely followed by the Renault Scenic with
21.13% and the Citroen Xsara Picasso with
17.34%. Although, if the numbers of Renault
Scenics and the Renault Grand Scenics are combined, this would make
the top of the list.
- The top two favoured colours are
Silver/Aluminium (30.30%) and Blue (24.10%) which together make up
54.40% of all C-MAVs. Grey (11.58%) and Black
(10.45%) follow close behind.
- 22.73% are less than 24 months old,
49.46% are younger than 4 years old. Only
1.39% of C-MAVs are over 10 years old.
- 10.68% have an engine size less than 1549, 44.54% have engine sizes between 1550 and 1749. The remaining 44.78% have engine sizes above 1750.